Every morning I start my class with 3 good things. It is a way for us to get the day off to a positive start. After two students shared their "good things" I proceeded to let them know that I had some good news too. Immediately they asked if it had anything to do with Peyton (they love my dog like I do). Sure thing, little Peyton is going to be a big brother! After sharing this I heard, "Peyton is having puppies!" "You are getting another dog!" After taking some time to digest what I said they finally realized that it was not Peyton having puppies but I was going to have a baby! They were all SO excited.
On Friday morning one of my new students handed me a folded note. She could not contain her excitement...I just had to read it. She informed me of her song writing abilities and that she is a country singer. She personally wrote me a song about the baby while she was on the bus home from school. The song is so cute I just had to share it with you. Remember....read it with a country twang to get the full effect :)
Mother Instincts
Verse 1:
She went to the doctor today and found out she's having a baby.
She knew what she had to do to get ready.
Chorus:
Whether it's a hare or a bear or a monkey a momma cat or a dog a human woman
a teenage girl on the street, they have mother instincts.
Verse 2:
She's excited because now her dog will be a big brother.
She can't contain her day, she had to share.
Chorus:
Whether it's a hare or a bear or a monkey a momma cat or a dog a human woman
a teenage girl on the street, they have mother instincts.
Chorus x 2
Mother Instincts

2 comments:
We got quite the laugh out of your song. Your students must really love their teacher!
Aww Beth i finally sat and read your blog, it's so incredible your journey and story to become parents. Thank you for sharing it! I am SO excited for you guys as you begin this new chapter in your life together! I can't wait to meet your little one, but hopefully we can meet up before then :)
Love ya!
Lindsey Miles
Post a Comment