Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Catch Up!

I found myself spending a lot of time reflecting this Christmas season. There are SO many things I am so thankful for. I am thankful for my marriage, my family, our health and I am so very thankful for our little girl. I get overwhelmed thinking about how lucky we are to have her and that in a few weeks she will be here. It is truly a dream come true.

As I look back at this time last year we were grieving. We were angry, sad and simply hurting. Many people told us at that time that next year would be different for us.... we would have a baby or be pregnant. While we wanted to believe what they said we always knew it could be wishful thinking.

This Christmas was so much different for us. God used our trials to bring us closer to Him and to each other. We are looking forward to 2011 and changes it will bring to our family.

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

We had a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends. Lots of rest and relaxation before baby C makes her debut.

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.....

Christmas belly. HoHoHo!
















Christmas morning

















Miss C's stocking....lucky girl :)

















Mom and dad wanted each of the grand kids to choose an organization to donate to for Christmas. Each of the kids chose something that was special to them and shared it with the family Christmas morning.

Ella and Grey gave a scholarship to the Midland Community Center.


















Eli donated money to a widow, orphan and disabled person in Bulgaria for two weeks.

Anna bought a pair of rabbits for a malnourished family in Rwanda. She also donated for one free day of medical care to a patient in Rwanda.

Emma bought disposable diapers for the Jackson Center for Women.

















Liam and Thijs donated to the Holland Rescue Mission. They also rang the bell for the Salvation Army at Walgreens.

















Baby C donated money to a new school that is being built by our church in Haiti.
















We surprised my parents with a new sign for the cottage.




Jen lost her center stone in her wedding ring so the fam began a search party....it was recovered by Eli :) phew.
















We headed to Ft. Wayne to celebrate Christmas with the Cunninghams.

Grandma McClure with her great-grand kids.























































Junie B stylin' in her new vest from Peyton.































Every Christmas the "cheer girls" get together. I love it how we always make time for each other over the holidays. We celebrated new babies, engagements and reminisced about our cheer days!
















































My mom treated all of us girls to the Princess Diana Exhibit that is currently in Grand Rapids. The exhibit showcased her life and humanitarian work. We also were able to view her wedding gown, designer dresses, family heirlooms and rare home videos.



Ella and her mama























Me and the girls





























































2010 Art Prize Winner - Calvary, American Officers, 1921
(pencil on paper)































Thank you mom!






















We had a great end to 2010 with Jacki and Brandon. Lots of laughs all around! We can't wait to met their little guy in May. Lots to look forward to in 2011!
















Whoa! Looks like I enjoyed my dinner :)















Testing out the new crib.
















A little glimpse of the room in progress





















Just waiting for sissy :)























We have our last ultrasound tomorrow evening to take a look at our little girl's heart. We can't wait to see her and see how big she really is!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Dad and I are SO excited to meet her! Thanks for all the fun family pics. We love you!

john, kimberly, ila, will and ruby lou said...

What fun pictures! Looks like Christmas was wonderful!

Sorry I never called you back...pine needle clean up took quite a while. : /

I'll call tomorrow night. Enjoy seeing your precious girl!

Sarah Ray said...

love the chandy in the nursery. so cute!

Laura Ryan Caden Will Kamryn said...

too cute Beth! Cant wait to meet her. I'm excited to see the nursery finished off. :)
Hope to see you guys soon.