Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

15 Months!

Well hello bloggers and blog readers :)   I have been MIA for a while but for good reason.  Just spending my time with this cutie pictured below.  Lots of updates to come because summertime is so very near!!  Yahoo!  Can't wait!!
Another fun month as come and gone.  I love how my heart is so full and it just keeps filling up as the months go by...exploding I tell ya!  This little stinker has been a hoot lately.  She is a go getter and a sassy one at that.  I kinda feel like the "real" parenting has started.  Like dealing with fits and such :)  teehee.

So.....here is your update miss Luci Lu!
  • You weigh just over 20 pounds, size 3 diapers, 12-18 month clothes
  • You learn new words every day and repeat everything we ask you to say.  You are starting to put some words together...hi papa, oh peypey.  You gaga taught you to say elephant this week...so funny!
  • You are able to follow directions, "Luci, grab a book", "Be soft with Peyton", "Hop in your car"  It really amazes me what you are able to do. 
  • You are doing amazing on the potty!  You pee 98% of the time when we sit you on it.  You have even started grabbing your diaper when you are wet.  I think I am going to try cloth diapers this summer.  You obviously don't understand the concept of not going in your diaper but you sure know what to do when the diaper is off. 
  • You are a climber!  Evidence below.  Chairs, dressers, stools...anything you can hike your legs up on! 
  • You are so social.  You make friends wherever we go.  I love taking you to the store because you make so many people smile with your sweet "hiii".
  • You have also mastered the stink eye...not my favorite :)
  • You LOVE babies, you LOVE dogs, you LOVE ducks, you LOVE books, you LOVE to dance!!
  • Going outside if your favorite.  You love to take Peyton for a walk and look so proud as you walk him down the street holding his leash.
  • The fits have begun.  I thought these weren't supposed to start until 2 or at least 18 months!  You are strong willed and do not seem to be sensitive to "no".  You will throw yourself on the ground and scream...yes, scream.  You are testing the limits that is for sure.
  • You love to give me butterfly and Eskimo kisses.
  • You love to wrestle with your daddy and blow raspberries.
  • You still take 2 naps a day about 2 hours in lengths, sometimes longer and sleep from 8pm-6:30am.
  • You cut three molars this month.
  • We eliminated the night time nurse this month and are just nursing when you wake up.
  • You will eat everything and have been enjoying the occasional Captain Sundae stop.
  • You have gotten really good at kicking your soccer balls and you still love to twirl and do somersaults.
You are so much fun, Luciana.  Your papa and I adore you and are so excited for this summer.  I envision bike rides, the beach, the pool, the farmer's market, the library, concerts in the park, the zoo and Piatt in our immediate future.  Love it!

2 comments:

kacey said...

what a little cupcake! we need to get her and savvy together sometime, two peas in a pod for sure :) great to hear an update on luci lu!

♥steph♥ said...

Hopefully this 3rd attempt of trying to leave a comment will be "the charm"! Thanks so much for sharing your precious and beautiful Luci with us through pictures! It's obvious she has a lot of love and excellent parenting in her life! We love you!