As many of you know, this spring has been pretty rough for my mom. As a daughter, it has been really hard seeing her....well, not feeling like herself. Those of you who know my mom know that she runs circles around all of us. She has a spunky, live each day to the fullest personality.
At the beginning of June, we finally got an answer to why she has been feeling so awful. My mom was diagnosed with myelofibrosis. Myelofibrosis is a bone marrow disorder. It is when the marrow is replaced by scar tissue and the only treatment is with a successful stem cell transplant. Sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my brain around what is happening and what this coming year will hold for our family. It is overwhelming and terrifying knowing that I have no control over this situation but, we know that HE has a plan and we are faithfully praying for His guidance and peace.
I have created a blog that we will be updating to keep family and friends informed......you will find it on my blog list "grace sufficient for the day..."
Will you join us in prayer? Please pray that we find a stem cell match for my mom. Please pray that we will make the most of each day and be mindful of His grace.
If you know me, you know I always have a camera :) Here are a few pics from our trip to U of M last week to meet with mom's new transplant doctor. I can't remember the last time the 6 of us were together....it was a good day to be surrounded by my parents and sisters. I love them all so very much.
1 week ago

3 comments:
Thanks so much for the update Beth. The Fowlerville gang has been in prayer for your Mom and your family. We look forward, with you, to seeing how God moves in this whole situation. His grace is sufficient and His mercy never-ending as you well know. Sending love your way....
Beth,
I will be watching your blog for update and wanted to let you know that we are living about a mile from U of M this summer so if you ever need anything (a walk, food brought in, a mom break, ice cream) please text or call me 616-481-7104
Of course I will be praying! I have been!
Post a Comment